So the Lord has been speaking alot to me lately about beauty. Everywhere I go it seems the message is Beauty for Ashes, Beauty for Ashes. It started to blatantly manifest Tuesday night at church, though its been stirring in my heart long before this. Today I was walking the streets of East Little Armenia and this again became my cry---Beauty for Ashes, Beauty for Ashes and Joy Joy Joy Joy Joy for Mourning, I believe. It's a season of coming into agreement with the Beauty of God, the Joy of God.
Since choosing to follow Jesus Beauty has been a word spoken over me time and time again, though until recently I was blind to see it. Layers of pain, self hate, and rejection marred my eyes from seeing this. But somewhere along the way God has begun to reveal Beauty to me again and the worth of Beauty. I was listening to someone pray and they were talking about the transformation of the eyes and it hit my square in the face... Beauty is part of transforming the eyes...creating beauty helps our eyes believe in the beauty of God, the promise of his restoration. To see images of true beauty calls our spirits to believe in more than the ashes. And so I am on a journey of beauty. In fact, if something doesn't make me feel pretty, I'm getting rid of it. This may sound conceited or vain, but its not. If it doesn't inspire beauty but rather blawness, it's not inspiring the God-given part of me. God didn't create for mediocre or blawness.. He created for Beauty. And that's his promise in Isaiah 61 (at least part of it) Beauty for Ashes Beauty for Ashes and JOY JOY JOY JOY JOY for mourning...
May the Beauty of Jesus Christ find you today wherever you are... and may it inspire you to something greater, something beyond yourself that can only be touched in a secret place.. but when it's touched... it inspires the most magnificent thing you have ever seen/touched/tasted/imagined...
Oh Annie, I love your spirit. :)
ReplyDeleteJaw dropped...go for it. From a blog post I'm working on:
ReplyDelete"Being a created being, design is essential. Each piece carefully selected and intended for a particular look and purpose.
What shakes me is that if this is true...doubting my beauty or choosing invisibility is separating me from my Creator. It's the denial of His workmanship. It isn't worship...it is sin."